Bainbridge Island is an island off Seattle (about a 35 minute ferry ride). With delicious eats, cute little stone beaches and stone statues all around the island, it’s the perfect little escape!
We found the island to be easy to navigate without a car and dog friendly! If you are coming from the ferry with no car, you’ll have plenty to explore.
Bainbridge Island Bucketlist
- Grab a glass of wine from one of their various wineries. We went to Eleven since they had a dog friendly patio
- Honor the Japanese Americans at the Japanese American Exclusion Memorial (free)
- Walk around the Labyrinth on Halls Hill. If it’s not cloudy you can get a view of Seattle (free)
- Grab an ice cream from Mora’s and shop the Main Street
- Grab dinner from one of the great restaurants on Main Street. We went to Ba Sa
- Grab a coffee from Pegasus and then walk the boardwalk
- Take a stroll in the Grand Forest (free). You can do a flat 2.2 mile loop
- Grab lunch from Proper Fish. Make sure you try their cod chowder!
- Walk around the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art (free)
- Take a quick drive to Poulsbo (20 mins) and walk the Main Street, grab a pastry from Sluys and see the free maritime museum!
- Explore one of the many beaches on the island. We loved Rockaway beach, which has a view of the Seattle skyline and Space Needle on a clear day!
Have you been to Bainbridge Island? It’s definitely worth a day trip next time you are in Seattle?
Want to see my trips in real time? Check out my Instagram page @ Lifeofthepilotswife. And follow me on Pinterest at “ Life of the Pilots Wife” .