San Francisco is known for their steep hilly streets, delicious food and the Golden Gate Bridge. But did you know they are one of the friendliest dog cities too? We decided to take a long weekend trip here with our dog and we had so much fun!
Top sights to take your dog
- Fisherman’s Warf
- Pier 39 (our dog LOVED watching the sea lions)
- Battery Spencer
- Bakers Beach (right next to the bridge, he had so much fun!)
- 16th avenue steps (pictured above)
- Cable Car (your dog can ride in off peak hours, must be leashed and you need to purchase them their own ticket)
- Ghirardelli square (order your dog a cup of whip cream)
- Union Square
- Take a Bay Cruise with Blue & Gold Fleet
- Enjoy one of the many parks throughout the city! Our dog loved the park across from the Painted Ladies
A lot of restaurants are dog friendly with allowing your dog to sit on the patio or actually sit inside! One place we went to that allowed Milo inside was the cocktail bar, Holy Water SF. They have fun drinks, cool decor and let Milo sit with us!
If you do decide to bring your dog along on your San Fran trip remember to bring them plenty of water to stay hydrated, give them breaks from the city to run around a park or maybe even take them for a hike! Here are some hikes you could do with you dog
- Moir Loop (in Pacifica)
- Twin Peaks
- Windy Hill
- Vista Pointe
- Jean Lauer trail
Want to learn more on how to travel with your dog? Check out my Instagram page , @ lifeofthepilotswife . We have a video about San Fran with dogs on our YouTube page as well , Lifeofthepilotswife .