When on vacation it’s bound to happen that you’ll get a sunburn. And a bad sunburn can ruin your whole vacation! Here’s what you can do to help prevent and reduce your sunburn while on vacation:
1. Lather up with Aloe Vera. Cool it in the fridge to help release heat from your burn.
2. Take COLD showers and baths
3. Soak in a oatmeal or baking soda bath
4. Drink LOTS of water
5. Avoid fried and greasy foods. Eat more fruit and vegetables
6. Limit the amount of sun exposure your skin will get
7. Cover up. Where a swim shirt when in the pool and ocean
8. Constantly reapply sunscreen and wait for it to dry before getting into the water
9. Avoid sun oil as that can lead to your skin burning
10. Use coconut oil and lavender oil to heal heal your burn faster.(packing lavender oil is always a good idea as it helps you relax and sleep better too!)
Have you ever had a bad sunburn from vacation before? What did you do?
Remember to follow us on Instagram at @lifeofthepilotswife and on Pinterest at Lifeofthepilotswife