Here are some of our quick tips!
1. Go to Vegas during a slow weekend. Hotels will be cheaper and it will be less crowded
2. Book a hotel through Kayak! It’s super quick and simple. You do need to remember that all the hotels in Vegas, on the strip, charge you a fee for the pool and other amenities. EVEN IN THE WINTER. So make sure you keep that in mind, when you are booking a hotel. This fee will not be included in the price, when you are booking
3. Stay on the strip. Stay on the side that is closer to the airport, it will be cheaper. You can stay on the strip without breaking the bank. Some of the cheaper, yet still nice, hotels you can stay at are:
-The New York, New York
Avoid Circus Circus!!
We have stayed at the above hotels for less than $80 a night, not too bad at all! You can stay at some nicer hotels closer to the outlet malls, they are more expensive but not too bad for a vacation destination. These hotels are making their money off the casinos, so they do not charge too much for rooms. You will want to stay on the strip, so you can walk everywhere. You really won’t need to uber around the strip
3. Drinks. Most people who go to Vegas want to drink. We are not big drinkers, but here are some tips for the alcohol in Vegas:
-Go to CVS, Walgreen’s, ect. They are all over the strip and the alcohol is a lot cheaper there. Plus you can buy snacks and other necessities as well
-Reusable cups. There are tons of margarita places on the strip. Buy the reusable cups, the refills are super cheap! The cheapest place for margs are under the Eiffel Tower, the drinks are huge and can easily be shared among a group of people
-Do not buy drinks by the pool at your hotel, they are super expensive, compared to other places you can get drinks
-Find a local supermarket, like Smiths, to buy your drinks and mixes!
4. My Vegas rewards. This is a free Facebook game, that you can play everyday. You play slots and earn rewards, that you can actually use at hotels and restaurants in Vegas. I have received BOGO show tickets, Gelato ice cream at the Bellagio and Aquarium tickets. DO THIS. It is fun and an awesome way to receive free rewards. You can receive free flights, hotels and more, the more you play and earn. It can take time to gain coins, so if I know I am going to Vegas, I will play it a few weeks before I go, to earn enough coins for some BOGO activities
5. Food. You can find plenty of cheap food in Vegas! Celebrity Restaurants are expensive, but we splurge and go to one of these at least once , while we are in Vegas. However, for the most part, we just go to quick stand restaurants like Shake Shack
6. Activities. There is tons of things to do in Vegas. We always go to a show, but for the most part, we do free things. Some things we like to do are:
-Lay by the pool
-Go to the M&M store, they have a little free movie too!
-Walking through all the hotels on the strip. You have to do this! Every hotel has something iconic. Go and check them out! You will not regret it!
-Street shows. While walking around the strip at night, you will see lots of street performers. It is pretty cool!
-Bellagio water show. This show happens quite often throughout the night. I believe it runs every 30 mins.
There is plenty of things to do in Vegas. Some things are super expensive, but if you are on a budget, you can still do plenty of things all day and have a good time. Most of the time, we spend the day at the hotel’s pool, and then we go out at night to get dinner, watch the free shows on the strip and head back in. Vegas, surprisingly, can be a nice relaxing getaway!
What are you favorite places to eat and go in Vegas??
“Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” ~ Matthew Karsten